Weather Alert: Tropical Cyclone Eloise (21 January 2021)
Location: Central Coast of Mozambique
Event: Tropical Cyclone Eloise is currently expected to make landfall near Beira late on Friday, January 22. Expect torrential rains and strong winds with possible flooding, landslides, power outages, impassable roads, and difficult travel conditions. The storm could track to the north or south; prepare for increased rainfall levels and winds throughout the coast of Mozambique.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to central provinces until the storm has dissipated.
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter and consider evacuation.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Centerand Tropical Storm Risk for updated storm tracking information.
- S. Embassy Maputo, Mozambique
+258 82 149 2797
- Embassy Website: usembassy.gov
- State Department – – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Mozambique Travel Advisory
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter