The Consular section in Maputo, is located at: Av. Kenneth Kaunda, 193, Sommershield Maputo.
Currently the processing time for most regular passports is seven to ten business days. Passport applications must be submitted by appointment only.
Applicants under 16 years of age must appear in person at the Consulate with both parents.
For minor passport applications, please also bring the child’s official original unabridged birth certificate as well. Minor applicants who may have changed drastically in physical appearance are advised to bring photos showing the child in the years since the previous passport.
You must appear personally at the Consulate if you:
- Are applying for your first passport
- Are replacing a lost or stolen passport
- Your last passport was issued before you were 16 years old
- It has been more than 15 years since your last passport was issued
- You are applying for an emergency passport (for immediate travel)
- You are applying for a child under the age of 16.
- Are replacing a damaged passport (follow same procedures as Applying for a Passport. Note please bring your damaged Passport in with your supporting documents).
If you are coming to the Consulate to apply for a passport and do not fit any of the criteria above you may use the DS-82 passport application.