Information for Travelers

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Country Specific Information

Warden System

The Consular Section maintains a warden system to be activated in the case of an emergency.  Wardens are Americans who volunteer to act as a focal point for the American community in their respective province by relaying important information in the case of an emergency.  Because of the continuous turn-over of Americans resident in Mozambique, we are always looking for new wardens or back-up wardens.  If you are interested in volunteering to be a warden, please contact the Consular Section.

Crime Victims’ Assistance

The Consular Section provides assistance to victims of crime in Mozambique. Please contact the Consular Section if you are a victim of crime in Mozambique.  We can help you seek medical care, file a police report, facilitate obtaining emergency funds from home and obtain a new passport, if yours is stolen.

International Parental Child Abduction

Mozambique is not a signatory to the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention), nor are there any bilateral agreements in force between Mozambique and the United States concerning international parental child abduction.

The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, Directorate for Overseas Citizens Services, Office of Children’s Issues assists in cases of international parental child abduction. We place the highest priority on the welfare of children who have been abducted across an international border. The Office of Children’s Issues can provide information and resources about country-specific options for pursuing the return of an abducted child.

More information on International Parental Child Abduction please visit