How to Request a Criminal Record Check from the FBI:
1. Complete the cover letter. (Available at the Consular Section)
- If for a couple, family, etc., all persons must sign the cover letter;
- Include your complete mailing address;
- If you have a deadline (e.g., an immigration deadline), please include the deadline in the cover letter and on the outside of the envelope;
2. Provide proof of your identity, which consists of a set of your fingerprints (original card, no copies), with your name, date of birth and place of birth. Fingerprints must be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258).
Applicants must obtain the FD-258 at the Consular Section and go to the PIC* where they can take your fingerprints. There is a charge of 200 meticais for this service, payable to the PIC).
- Include rolled impression of all ten fingerprints and impressions of all ten fingerprints taken simultaneously (these are sometimes referred to as plain or flat impressions.)
- Previously processed fingerprint cards will not be accepted
3. Include $18 – U.S. dollars in the form of money order, certified check made payable to the Treasury of the United States, or credit card.
- Be sure to sign where required
- No personal checks or cash
- Must be the exact amount
- If for a couple, family, etc., the fee is $18 for each person
- If paying by credit card you must include the completed credit card payment form
- Credit cards cannot be use for expedited mail services
4. Mail items 1, 2, and 3 (listed above) to the following address:
FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
*PIC- Policia de Investigação Criminal is located at Rua John Issa, 33 in Maputo