In Case of Emergency
What constitutes an emergency:
- The death, arrest or serious injury/illness of an American citizen;
- When an American citizen is a victim of serious crime;
- The loss or theft of a U.S. passport and travel is scheduled within the next five business days.
What does not constitute an emergency:
- Any inquiry about non-immigrant or immigrant visas, including green cards and naturalization;
- Routine passport or citizenship questions;
- Inquiries about notarial services, Social Security, Veterans Affairs or taxation.
In the event of an emergency involving an American citizen, please phone the following number 21 49 0723.
For Non-Emergency Issues:
Embassy of the United States of America
Av. Kenneth Kaunda, 193
Caixa Postal, 783
Tel: (258) 21-49 27 97
Fax:(258) 21-49 01 14