Location: All Mozambique ports of entry.
Event: The Government of Mozambique has informed the U.S. Embassy that effective immediately, all travelers arriving at Mozambique ports of entry who have been present in the United States during the past 14 days will be required to self-quarantine in Mozambique for 14 days.
Actions to Take:
- Inform colleagues and visitors arriving from the United States (or having traveled through the United States in the last 14 days) that they will be put into a 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Mozambique.
- Adjust your own travel plans accordingly.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Read the Global Health Advisory advising all U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-3-health-advisory-issue.html
- S. Embassy Maputo, Mozambique
+258 21 49 2797
+258 21 49 0723 (after hours)
- S State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 / 202-501-4444
- Mozambique Country Information travel.state.gov
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.