Location: Cabo Delgado Province
Event: Due to threats of attack, kidnapping for ransom, and other forms of violent assault, the U.S. Embassy reiterates its strong caution to U.S. citizens considering travel to Cabo Delgado Province, specifically the districts of Mocimboa da Praia, Nangade, Palma, Macomia, Ibo, Ancuabe, and Quissanga. The U.S. Embassy further refers you to the Travel Advisory for Mozambique.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area;
- Be aware of your surroundings;
- Use caution when walking or driving at night; and,
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Maputo, Mozambique
+258 21 49 2797
+258 21 49 0723 (after hours)
- U.S. State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 / 202-501-4444
- Mozambique Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.