Location: District Headquarters of Palma, Cabo Delgado Province
Event: In light of information pointing to the likelihood of imminent attacks on government and commercial centers in the district headquarters of Palma, Cabo Delgado Province in the coming days, we strongly advise American citizens in the district headquarters of Palma to consider departing the area immediately. Those who elect to remain in Palma district are strongly advised to avoid travel to the district headquarters and to postpone visits to both government offices and retail locations, including markets. American citizens with planned travel to Palma District are strongly advised to postpone such travel.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Maputo, Mozambique
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Mozambique Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter