Location: Niassa Province, Mozambique
Event: Travel Restriction of U.S. Government Personnel
Due to the threat of attacks by ISIS-Mozambique in the Mecula and Marrupa districts, U.S. Embassy Maputo personnel are prohibited from traveling to those areas of the Niassa province until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Review personal security plan.
- Monitor local media for updates on changing conditions.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- U.S. Embassy Maputo
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444