Location: Nampula Province, Mozambique
Event: Travel Restriction of U.S. Government Personnel
Due to the threat of attacks by ISIS-Mozambique in the Erati and Memba districts, U.S. Embassy Maputo personnel are restricted from traveling to those areas of the Nampula province until further notice.
Actions to Take:
· Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
· Review personal security plan.
· Monitor local media for updates on changing conditions.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
· U.S. Embassy Maputo
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Mozambique Specific Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.