PEPFAR is holding a series of Virtual Listening Sessions from August 9-16, 2021, to better inform the development of the next PEPFAR Strategy: Vision 2025. The Listening Sessions below are organized by sector/individual constituencies, and grounded in the most recent data.
- Listening Session 1: Monday, August 9 – Multilaterals, Private Sector, and Private Foundations
- Listening Session 2: Tuesday, August 10 – Civil Society and Communities
- Listening Session 3: Wednesday, August 11 – Partner Governments
- Listening Session 4: Thursday, August 12 – PEPFAR Implementing Partners
- Listening Session 5: Friday, August 13 – PEPFAR Scientific Advisory Board
- Listening Session 6: Monday, August 16 – U.S. Government PEPFAR Staff
The PEPFAR Strategy: 2025 Vision will be greatly informed by and closely coordinated with the Global AIDS Strategy 2021-2026, recently launched by UNAIDS and adopted by countries around the world, and the post-2022 Global Fund Strategy to optimize complementarity, cost-effectiveness, and impact. The forthcoming PEPFAR Strategy will also support the international community’s efforts to put countries on track to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 3 of ending the global AIDS epidemic as a public health threat by 2030 through the achievement of key milestones by 2025.
The draft overview of the PEPFAR Strategy: Vision 2025 is available below.
Recall that under the PEPFAR Strategy to Accelerate Control of the HIV/AIDS Epidemic (2017-2020), the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) has made significant strides toward reducing HIV infections, saving lives, and supporting many countries to control the HIV/AIDS epidemic. With the strategy having expired at the end of 2020, PEPFAR intends to continue the partnership across sectors in the development of the next PEPFAR Strategy, with a vision for 2025. This strategy also builds on critical input received from a diversity of stakeholders through a broad-based survey administered in the fall of 2020 and the release of the Guiding Principles for the Next Phase of PEPFAR on World AIDS Day 2020.