EducationUSA services for individuals interested in studying in the U.S. at the graduate or undergraduate level are free. General services and resources include:
- Monthly General Information Sessions on the basic steps to studying in the U.S.
- Handouts on numerous topics related to study in the U.S.
- Reference Guides on university selection, application-writing, financial aid, and other topics. Available for in-library use.
- Preparation materials for standardized tests (TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT). Available for in-library use.
- Computer workstations for Internet searches on U. S. study.
- Walk-in advising during Adviser office hours
- Presentations on various topics related to U.S. university admissions and financial aid.
- Visits from U.S. universities, scholarship organizations, and partner organizations.
- Virtual (e-mail) advising and annual presentations in provinces outside of Maputo.
- Subscription to U.S. Embassy e-mail list for information on educational and exchange opportunities.
- Presentations at local schools and universities. Secondary school and university administrators may contact us at email@example.com; MaputoEdAdvising@state.edu for more information.
The EducationUSA Program does not offer scholarships and does not guarantee anyone admission to or financial aid/scholarships at any university or college.
General Information Sessions
Individual Virtual Advising
Individual virtual advising allows students who have already attended the General Information Session to ask follow-up questions about studying in the United States. To schedule an appointment, use the following link.
EducationUSA Scholars Program-Undergraduate
Applications for the 2019 EducationUSA Scholars program are now open!
The EducationUSA Scholars Program assists determined students in navigating the complicated U.S. university admission process, with the goal of gaining admission and financial aid from universities in the United States and producing highly-skilled youth prepared to contribute to Mozambique. Through intensive, regularly scheduled training sessions, Scholars will work with EducationUSA Advisers over a full program cycle (up to 10 months) to try to secure admission and scholarships to begin study in the United States in the next academic year.
EducationUSA Scholars receive access to all available educational advising resources as well as extensive advising services including:
- Small group advising on specific topics related to undergraduate study in the U.S.
- In-depth individual advising by appointment.
- Specialized workshops and seminars on essay-writing and test preparation.
- A lending library of test preparation materials.
- Financial assistance for application costs (for a limited number of highly qualified students only.)
Membership is open to students currently enrolled in grade 12 (or equivalent) or will begin grade 12 by September 2019, or recent graduate (graduated within one year) not yet enrolled in university with average scores of 16 points or more. We do not limit the program geographically, however students must be able to reach the advising center in Maputo regularly for full participation.
Find the application here: EducationUSA Cohort Application (DOCX 520 KB)