SUSI programs are designed to provide foreign educators and researchers the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions through intensive academic programs at U.S. Universities and study tours throughout the country.
Program Details: SUSI for Secondary Educators will take place over the course of five weeks beginning early June. Three Institutes for Secondary School Educators will be offered, two with a focus on classroom teachers and the third with a focus on administrators including teacher trainers, curriculum developers, textbook writers, and ministry of education officials, among others. The Institute will be conducted in English and take place in a multinational group of 20 participants. The Department of State will cover travel and ground transportation, as well as book, cultural, housing, subsistence, mailing, and incidental allowances for all participants.
To obtain more information on the Study of the U.S. Institutes program, visit: http://exchanges.state.gov/susi.
Candidate Description and Qualifications:
- be mid-career, typically between the ages of 30-50, highly-motivated and experienced secondary school teachers;
- be citizens or nationals of Mozambique, or permanent residents holding a valid Mozambican passport;
- have strong leadership skills, civic spirit, and demonstrated dedication to public service;
- be highly motivated and have a serious commitment to completing the program and returning to Mozambique to contribute to their development of their institution and community.
Ideal candidates are individuals who seek to introduce or enhance aspects of U.S. studies into their curricula or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for education professionals in U.S. studies or related fields.
Candidates should have sufficient proficiency in English to allow them to participate in a university-level academic program.
Deadline to Apply: TBD.
Information regarding the application process will be shared here once it is available.
A complete application package will include the following:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (English version)
- Signed letter of recommendation from employer (Portuguese or English version)
- Identification Document (photocopy)
For more information on the SUSI Program, visit http://exchanges.state.gov/susi.