Last updated: 06/01/2023
As of May 12, 2023, non-citizen nonimmigrant air passengers no longer need to show proof of being fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to board a flight to the United States. Please visit the Center for Disease Control’s website for more information.COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Mozambique approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Mozambique for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes, vaccines are accessible at medical facilities nationwide.
- Which vaccines are available in Mozambique?
Mozambique has received a limited supply of various vaccines. Please monitor the government website for updates on the vaccine program
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Non-Mozambican citizens, including U.S. citizens, who have a valid DIRE (residence permit) and/or required visa(s) can enter Mozambique and the PCR test is no longer needed to enter the country if a person presents a valid certificate showing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
- PCR test is no longer needed to enter the country if a person presents a valid certificate showing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. In addition, children 11 and younger do not require a PCR test or proof of vaccination to enter the country.
- The Government of Mozambique does not require a COVID-19 test to exit the country. However, travelers are also subject to the COVID-19 requirements from their airlines.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- The Ministry of Health (MISAU) officials are onsite for screenings as it pertains to general public health concerns.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- What ACS services are being offered?
- What visa services are being offered?
- Routine nonimmigrant visa services are available for applicants from all over the world. Immigrant visas for applicants in Mozambique are processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg. Please see detailed instructions on our visas page.
- Travelers are urged to consult the Mozambican Government portal for information on COVID-19 for the most accurate and updated information in Mozambique.
- The Mozambican COVID-19 Hotline is 84 146.
- Read the Boletim da República (Series 1, Number 65, published April 6, 2021) for full details on COVID-19 mitigation measures.