Event: In response to the increasingly limited commercial options for departing Mozambique due to the global impact of COVID-19, the U.S. Embassy is coordinating a flight with a commercial airline to depart Mozambique on March 30, 2020 with a destination of Dulles International Airport (IAD) just outside of Washington, DC.
A limited number of seats will be available to private U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, and their immediate families.
(The Embassy will continue to send out notices about this flight to ensure all U.S. citizens in Mozambique are aware. If you have already followed the instructions below, there is no need to take further action.)
Actions to Take:
- If you are planning on returning to the United States but have been unable to obtain space on a commercial flight, please contact MaputoUSCitizens@state.gov with the names of your immediate family members who are traveling. Please provide contact information including phone and e-mail.
- On the evening of March 25, 2020, the Embassy will learn how many seats are available on the flight and will contact the corresponding number of U.S. citizens and their immediate families in the order they appear on the list.
- If you are contacted, you will have 24 hours to contact the airline and pay for your seats.
- The Embassy will continue this process of contacting those on the list until all seats are sold out.
- Ensure that your travel documents are valid. If you need to arrange an emergency passport or notarial service, please schedule an appointment.
- U.S. Embassy Maputo
Kenneth Kaunda 193
+258 21 49 2797
+258 21 49 0723 (after hours)
- U.S State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 / 202-501-4444
- Mozambique Country Information travel.state.gov
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.